About the MDVA
The Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs is an Executive Department in Maryland State Government with a service mission to:
- Provide representation to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The Agency also provides referrals to other federal, Maryland State and local government agencies for benefits which may be available to eligible individuals.
- Manage and operate authorized Maryland State Veterans Cemeteries and a Civil War Cemetery.
- Maintain and care for memorials for the Maryland Vietnam, Korean, and World War II Veterans.
- Manage Charlotte Hall Veterans Home
- Provide staff support and assistance to State Veterans Commissions.
Office of the Secretary
Edward Chow, Jr., Secretary
Richard "Rick" Lane, Deputy Secretary
Jerry Boden, Chief of Staff
John R. Kearns, Chief, Finance & Personnel
Katie Sonntag, Executive Assistant
Outreach & Advocacy Program
Cynthia Mason-Posey, Director
Mr. Khary McDonald, Outreach Coordinator
Veterans Service & Benefits Program
Phil Munley, Director
Debra Hynes, Deputy Director
E. W. Seabrook Hull, Jr., Chief, Veterans Appeals
Garry Brown, Veterans Benefit Specialist
Rose Bean, Veterans Benefit Specialist
Charlotte Hall Veterans Home
Sharon Mattia, Director
Mike Farr, Deputy Director
Veterans Cemetery & Memorials Programs
Chris T. Piscitelli, Director
Patrick M. Tracy, Assistant Director
Melissa Miller, Interment Eligibility Specialist