Cambridge World War II Monument
Cambridge, Dorchester County, Maryland
This marble monument stands in Long Wharf Park overlooking the Choptank River in Dorchester County. The screen style monument is composed of a central shaft topped by a carved eternal flame and flanked by low walls. The base of the shaft carries the carved inscription, "PEACE TO THE MIGHTY DEAD, 1941-1945." The top edges of the walls carry the raised inscription, "IN GRATEFUL MEMORY OF OUR VETERANS OF WORLD WAR II." The Monuments Commission sponsored the cleaning and repointing of the monument in 1998.